Home Marriage Licenses Marriage With Person Under Age 18

PostHeaderIcon Marriage With Person Under Age 18

The following requirements must be met prior to issuing a marriage license if the bride or groom is under 18:

  1. Must be 16 years of age. ( No person under the age of 16 years may be issued a license to marry without an order from District Court
  2. A female minor must make application in the county of her parent's residence, but can get married in another county after she has completed the requirements for the license
  3. A Consent to Marriage Form (84-FCC-501) is required. This must be completed, witnessed, signed by the parent or legal guardian* of the minor, and sworn by the deputy clerk. (A guardian must bring the document affirming guardianship)
  4. One parent or legal guardian* and two witnesses 18 years old or older, must sign the Consent to Marriage Form for each minor
  5. If the parents of either minor are divorced, custody papers are required to sign the Consent to Marriage Form
  6. Birth Certificate or Drivers License

*Legal guardian must have full guardianship.

Last Updated (Saturday, 01 May 2010 18:39)

Latest News